ROSANNA MIILLER SALAS
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with MA in Information and Learning Technologies and graduate studies in Learning Processes, who has a solid knowledge of multiple intelligences in a variety of student populations, strong experience with both formal and informal education. High levels of creativity combined with excellent planning and organizational skills, able to:
- Design and evaluate educational curriculums.
- Designs and develops courses through online and hybrid training courses.
- Research and develop agile methodologies to design and create effective and creative instructional materials to support webinars and interactive e-learning content, including subject matter expert feedback.
- Redesign existing instructional content and/or delivery methods in order to create deliverables that are learner-centered and interactive through multimedia design, activities, and feedback.
- Provide training and support to team members as needed for their success in designing curriculum that reflects the functionality of the content and LMS utilized.
- Conduct the Storyboarding of content learning to course outcomes.
- Design and create online course and assignment syllabi and rubrics according to instructional design best practice.
- Research and recommend and/or use common digital learning design tools to support the creation
- Identify student’s individual and collective educational needs.
- Employ a variety of teaching methods designed to motivate students.
- Develop and implement enrichment programs for advanced students
- Develop and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra assistance.
- Manage and coordinate educational projects.
- Work effectively as an individual or part of a team.
- Connect with diverse population groups.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
University of Colorado Denver School of Education and Human Development
- 03/2016 – present Temporary Aide, Technical Teaching Assistant Project Lead
- 07/2014 – 03/2016 Graduate Technological Teacher Assistant.
- 08/2015 – 02/2016 Graduate Research Assistant.
Denver Public Schools
- 09/2011 – 08/2012 Middle and High School Spanish Teacher
- 02/2010 – 08/2011 ELA Middle School Teacher.
Junior Achievement of Venezuela (Jóvenes Emprendedores de Venezuela)
- 03-2008-07/2008 Educational Coordinator
Mater Salvatoris International School
- 08/2003 – 07/2006 Fifth grade Spanish Teacher.
- 01/1999 – 07/2003 Third grade Teacher.
- eLearning Software: Articulate Storyline 2, Captivate 7
- Graphics Applications: Pixlr, Adobe Photoshop
- Multimedia Software: Flash, iMovie, Quicktime, Windows Movie Maker
- Course Management Systems: Canvas, Blackboard, Dokeos
- Microsoft Software: MS Publisher, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express
- Statistic Program SPSS
- Internet Research
- Designer of experimental Online courses in Dokeos platform.
- Designer of educational experimental web pages and educational blogs in Google Sites.
- Experience with iPad classroom use.
- Native speaker with excellent communication skills.
- Foreign Endorsement (Spanish), ELA Oral SLP, Reading SLP, Writing SLP, and ELA Spanish Competencies.
- Basic level of conversation with excellent reading comprehension.
- Master of Arts, Information and Learning Technologies with emphasis on eLearning Design and Implementation. University of Colorado Denver (2015)
- State of Colorado Professional Teacher License (number 0480444) Endorsement: Elementary Education.
- Specialist in Education Specialty: Learning Processes. Catholic University Andrés Bello. Caracas, Venezuela (2007)
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (Cum Laude). Catholic University Andrés Bello. Caracas, Venezuela (1998)
- English Language Acquisition Teacher Training Program (Teaching for Cultural & Linguistic Diversity)
- ELA Spanish Competencies: ELA Oral SLP, Reading SLP & Writing SLP.
- Foreign Endorsement Highly Qualify (Spanish).
- Design and evaluation of online Spanish educational courses.
- Design of educational web pages (in Spanish).
- Development of metacognitive abilities.
- Evaluation of pedagogical projects in the classroom.
- Design of social work projects.
- Didactics of environmental education.
- Pediatrics for preschool and elementary school teachers.
- Pedagogical intervention in Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD or AD/HD).
- Reading motivation.
- Illustration of Children’s books.
- Public School Juan Manuel Cajigal (Caracas, Venezuela)
- 01/2007 – 01/2008 Sixth grade Substitute teacher.
- Faculty of Psychology at Catholic University Andrés Bello (Caracas, Venezuela)
- 1995 – 1996 Administrate and validate the Scale of Intelligence Wechsler Test 3rd Edition (WISC – III) for adaptation and use with Venezuelan children.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST